ManTech Information Systems Security Officer in SSC, Mississippi
ManTech is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer to manage cyber security on an upcoming program supporting the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). On this program ManTech will be managing NASA s Enterprise IT operations on 11 NASA centers across the United States. This is a 10-year contract that goes beyond managing day to day operations, we will be transforming and modernizing NASA s enterprise IT operation. In this role you will be a major player in the redesign of how IT gets done at NASA.
Essential Job Duties:
• Directly assists in the assurance of information security and integrity of client environment by communicating and applying Best Practices and policy derived security requirements, standards, and tools in the areas of encryption, scanning and intrusion detection, and incident investigation
• Assists in ensuring the adequacy of the Security Computing Environment(s)
• Establish solid relationships and partnerships with organizational key stakeholders to help achieve key cyber security objectives
• Assist in risk analysis, risk assessments and comprehensive risk management
• Interacts with executive level clients to promote ManTech solutions and/or resolve client delivery issues
• Works with client internal Cybersecurity on critical and high security incidents and associated responses
• Addresses issues escalating from Service Desk personnel, systems administrators, etc., to ensure the highest degrees of security across all systems
• Participates in functional and security testing of new, proposed IT products/solutions
• Four or more years of experience in IT asset management or related experience
• Ability to achieve a public trust level suitability/clearance
• Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field required; an additional six years of experience may be substituted for a degree
• Experience working on IT managed services contracts, or in a large enterprise IT environment preferred
• Advanced knowledge in several of the following areas preferred:
• IT Security
• IT transformation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer relationship building skills, able to establish trust
Requires Bachelor's degree in (field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science) or related discipline, and two to four years¿ related experience or Certification in systems administrator, network certification, etc. six to eight years of experience.
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.