ManTech Access Control Officer in Stafford, Virginia
ManTech International Corporation provides flexible engineering and systems integration services that help customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of advanced technology - adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
ManTech has an opening for a well-rounded mature and confident professional to operate in a dynamic environment within access control. The person selected for this position will be required to exercise positive control of all incoming visitors, classified meeting management, records keeping and front desk phone skills in a professional and efficient manner. As a member of the access control and security operations team this person will work closely with the project teams and operations staff, as well as civilian, government, military personnel. Must be able to communicate effectively with senior management and executives. This person must be comfortable providing short security presentations and answering questions about procedures and requirements, in keeping with both Company and Government guidance. The person selected for this position must have strong data entry skills using Microsoft Office applications, and must be able to quickly learn the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and SharePoint. Must be comfortable and adept at handling various tasks while presenting a pleasant and cooperative demeanor to customers and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duty hours are: (Rotating Weekly Monday - Friday)
• Closing- 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Responsible for closing and securing areas of responsibility. Occasionally supports
customer for late meetings beyond 6:00 PM. May work independently and after hours until late meetings resolve. Must be willing to close facility independently.
• 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM (non closing)
• * May alter schedule with prior coordination and approval and without disruption to customer support.
• Accurately retrieve and transfer all JPAS and FAX Visit Requests into the Access database
• Ensure only appropriately cleared personnel are allowed physical access to the facility based on need-to-know
• Prepare for and participate in self-inspections and areas of responsibility.
• Compile statistics and metrics information as may be required regarding visitors, requests and classified meetings
• Ensure all electronic equipment and all types of media are identified prior to allowing guests or staff entry in the
• Scan and register incoming media and equipment
• Being able to make independent decisions within security guidelines with regard issuing visitor and staff badges
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as directed
• Must have High School diploma.
• 1-3 years experience, depending on education, in access or visitor control.
• Microsoft Office, JPAS, ISFD
• Ability to support flexible work schedules between 7:00 AM and 6:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- Defense Security Service Academy course work including Essentials of Industrial Security Management, Personally
Identifiable Information, JPAS/JCAVS, Etc.
• Prefer to be knowledgeable of all collateral and SCI access control and classified meeting regulations.
• Flexibility to do whatever task is required and willingness to learn new functions.
• Self starter able to work with a team.
• Experience working in a classified environment.
• Position requires an active Secret clearance (to be verified at interview); current 6/4 eligibility is desired.
• Must be able obtain DCID 6/4 eligibility for access to SCI. Must be willing to undergo a government background
investigation. Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearances is a mandatory requirement for this position.
Clearance required: DoD Secret Clearance
*Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to *classified information.
“ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Requires High School diploma or equivalent and one to two years of related (government security environment) experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. May have to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience
02-03 years w/High School Diploma
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.