ManTech Financial Data Analyst in Sterling, Virginia
Entering ManTech s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Research Analyst, in the Sterling, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer s success is driving our growth.
This position is seeking experienced and skilled professionals to assist CBP officers and border enforcement personnel in effectively and efficiently identifying cargo, individuals and conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States; conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats; develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations; and coordinate and enhance analysis and targeting efforts.
As Subject Matter Expert, the candidate for this position will provide domain expertise and analytical support as part of an integrated agile team that will be responsible for using, developing, maintaining, and enhancing models, tools and software for:
• Intelligence Analysis-Counterterrorism-Network Analysis
• Predictive Modeling
• Threat Research Support
• Entity Resolution
• Query Support
The candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
• Evaluate the relevance of the data to support a specific investigation, to analyze, to determine the performance and sensitivity of the analysis, and to project next steps for refinement, or proxies to achieve the needed results.
• Help interpret some of the data patterns from a conceptual perspective (e.g., based on red flag indicators, schemes/methods).
• Determine appropriate tools and methods for specific projects to identify networks, predict future threats, or isolate and evaluate threat scenarios.
• Work in teams that include intel analysts, data and visualization experts, and software developers.
• Support the identification and analysis of transnational criminal organizations, their future actions, and their methods.
• Contribute to documentation validating reasoning, certainty, and completeness in synthesized information for technical validation as well as for briefings for CBP Officers.
• Deep anti-money laundering (AML) skills.
• Skills in the end-to-end analytics lifecycle to synthesize actionable information through data collection, preparation, and model building.
• CAMS certification is a plus
• Experience with FinCEN Data
• Knowledge or experience with data wrangling, cleansing, and analytics
• Presenting work to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience working in law enforcement or classified intelligence analysis environment.
Clearance: Ability obtain/maintain DHS CBP Suitability
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience and proficient in use of computer-spread sheets, databases and other related tools.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate, Equivalent Experience/Education, Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
05-06 years w/High School Diploma, 02-04 years w/Bachelors Degree, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 00-02 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.