ManTech Oracle DBA in Washington, District Of Columbia
Provide support for Oracle Database Administration duties as well as creating solutions to leverage emerging technologies. Potential candidates should possess the skills necessary to perform day to day Oracle database administration tasks, provide customer support, and perform troubleshooting on Oracle 11g/12c databases in a Windows server 2008/2012 environment. Database administration tasks include ensuring database availability, SQL monitoring and performance tuning, quarterly maintenance and upgrade operations, backup and recovery operations, ETL and data integration, and writing SQL and PL/SQL code in support of custom applications and database operations.
· Administration of distributed database configurations using Oracle 11g and 12c.
· Experience with Windows server 2008 and/or 2012.
· Experience working with TOAD and ERwin.
· Experience with Oracle database software installation and patch upgrades.
· Experience with creating and maintaining Oracle database instances.
· Experience creating tables, columns, indexes, constraints, and triggers from Erwin physical models.
· Experience writing, testing, and deploying Oracle SQL and PL/SQL code.
· Experience with data migration and ETL data loads that involve Oracle and non-Oracle databases.
· Experience with the installation and maintenance of Data Guard, Flashback technology, Recovery Manager, and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
· Experience working in development, test, and production environments.
· Oracle DBA certification (versions 11g or 12c).
· Excellent interpersonal, coordination, and communication skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work independently and with other team members.
· Good analytical, technical, and writing skills to support planning, analytical, development and documentation tasks.
· Knowledge of Department of State security regulations and requirements.
· Ability to complete assignments correctly, independently and in a timely manner.
· Candidate should be a self-starter and self-motivated.
· The successful candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment with software developers, DBA, System Administrator and Network team.
· Experience and innovative ideas in database administration, data replication, DevOps administration are highly desired.
· An understanding of the Agile and DevOps approach.
· Experience responding to and resolving database access and performance issues.
· Develop and run SQL queries for client, customers, and team members.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
08-10 years w/High School Diploma, 13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.