ManTech Senior Systems Administrator in Washington, District Of Columbia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior-Level Systems Administrator to join our team in the Washington, DC area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains data files and control procedures for a system of networked computers supporting web-based apps.
• Responsible for system security and data integrity, and must assist in correcting problems with software systems
• Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
• Be willing to flex an 8-hour shift to share responsibilities for providing support from 0600-1700
• Provides technical guidance to lesser-experienced systems administrators.
• Perform technical assessments/acceptability of software and hardware
• Apply system enhancements to production after proper documentation and testing
• Process, monitor, control, and execute batch jobs for interfaces
• Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams
• Obtain, compile, and summarize information for use by others
• Ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues
• Responding to database related alerts and escalations
• Working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
• Ensure database is backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
• Maintain communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests
• Possess an DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical, Level II certification
• Experience with maintaining data files and control procedures
• Experience with assigning passwords and monitoring resources
• More than 4 years' experience working tier 1/2 computer help desk
• Knowledge of automated trouble ticket systems
• Experience in troubleshéoting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Experience in using SQL and PowerShell scripts.
• Tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Be committed to providing service oriented support
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures
• Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers both orally and in writing
• Demonstrates problem solving, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals
An active TS with SCI eligibility and JAFAN eligibility is required.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.