ManTech Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
ManTech is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer that will be an integral part of a fast-paced senior systems engineering/analysis team providing oversight and assistance to DHS R&D and Acquisition programs. Candidate will be in a client-facing environment and must have excellent communication and relationship-building skills. Candidate will be responsible for identifying and communicating cyber risks and issues within programs. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting programs to address/mitigate any cyber risks and issues and conduct threat/vulnerability assessments. A successful candidate must be able to build consensus among diverse stakeholders and work in teams. Must be comfortable working in dynamic/changing and fast-paced environments. Must be an excellent communicator with ability to look at and convey issues from the strategic and technical perspective. Must be comfortable in an advise/assist role and engaging with multiple programs (as opposed to working within a single program office).
General responsibilities include:
• Assessing and assisting programs on cyber risks/issues
· Assisting programs in planning and conducting systems engineering/technical activities, including guiding programs in technical/systems engineering planning, requirements definition and analyses, cost/performance trade analysis, feasibility analysis, regulatory compliance analysis support, technology maturity assessments, conceptual design, and other special studies and analyses.
· Assisting programs in developing systems engineering/technical artifacts such as, systems engineering plans, requirements documents, test and evaluation plans
· Analyzing program artifacts including program plans, systems engineering artifacts, test and evaluation artififacts, risk registers, risk management plans, systems engineering plans, technology roadmaps, requirements documents, analyses of alternatives/business case analyses
· Analyzing business processes/operations to identify gaps, define requirements, and identify technical risks
· Assessing program solutions, designs, and architectures to determine alignment with program and enterprise goals, compliance with policies, and to identify technical risks.
· Developing recommendations for programs on issues relating to systems engineering, requirements, performance assurance (critical transaction scheduling, timing, interoperability), trade studies, test & evaluation, information assurance, deployment, and maintenance
Cyber security expertise (examples: ISSO/ISSE cyber security professional; configuration, implementation, operations, and maintenance of security technologies)
Experience planning/conducting threat/vulnerability assessments
Strong ability and interest in challenging the status quo with better options
Experience leading technical teams/projects with minimal oversight or direction
Experience implementing and managing processes and procedures
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Ability to work under pressure and in fast-paced environments
Ability to work in dynamic and changing environments
Comfortable paving new paths, managing resistance, and building consensus
Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, and briefing skills
Years of Experience
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.