ManTech Video Systems Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
ManTech is seeking a VideoSystems Engineer to be partof a high touch, front line team that provides full life cycle support on anenterprise level for video conferencing, network streaming, and audio visualtechnology. The Video Systems Administrator will remotely set-up and managetechnology in support of high level conference meetings using today's latesttechnology. The Administrator will maintain a system consisting of hundreds ofendpoints and the associated network infrastructure components. The successfulcandidate will perform first line network troubleshooting and analysis, andensure network faults are resolved or escalated in a timely manner to ensurethey are cleared within SLA targets.
· Manage and maintain Multimedia Streaming Systems and Video Teleconferencing (VTC)ranging from simple desktop to more complex integrated AV systems.
· Provide first line fault monitoring on the customers networks making best use ofavailable network management tools.
· Identify,isolate and classify network faults identified either manually or via availablenetwork management tools.
· Receive, confirm, and classify network reported faults identified by customers orperformance management tools.
· Responsible for documenting and recording all details of the identification and resolutionof any network faults on the customer networks using the help desk ticketingsoftware
· Take responsibility and ownership of any identified network or customer reportedfaults and monitor all actions taken to resolve the faults
· Provide extensive troubleshooting and testing of videoconferencing audiovisualequipment (videoconferencing, multimedia, audiovisual, projection systems,displays, cameras, microphones, integrated A/V systems, streaming technologies,etc.)
· Address and troubleshoot customer issues received via email or phone, as well asthrough monitoring tools, for videoconferencing endpoints, infrastructure,integrated A/V systems, and networks.
· Document incidents, including opening case, updating with current status and timelyclosure.
· Test, configuration, and troubleshooting of IP and ISDN networks in support ofvideoconferencing and A/V equipment.
· Candidate must have knowledge of video streaming technology.
· Five-plus years experience in VBrick video streaming product.
· Five-plus years experience in video conferencing product, specifically Polycom VTCproducts.
· Have knowledge for VCS products and how they are used a firewall traversal.
· Candidate must have strong networking background to be able to troubleshoot complex network issues.
· Candidatemust have knowledge of different protocols: H.323, H.245, SIP, ISDN andassociated ports for VTC and video streaming.
Clearance Requirements – US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance; Ability to obtain DHS EOD suitability or Current DHS EOD preferred.
Location – Bethesda, MD; Washington, DC
Requires Bachelor's degree (with training emphasis in audio-visual technology and communications) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Master's Degree
Years of Experience
13 plus years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.