ManTech Project Manager in Williston, Vermont
ManTech is working to grow our team for an important mission with one of our federal government clients. When you join you will be part of an important and exciting mission that provides information technology expertise, strategic vision and tactical implementations using frameworks that require cloud services that are virtualized, scalable, and cost effective and that utilize DevOps practices.
The successful candidate is one who has had repeated success leading the delivery of medium to large scope IT initiatives of moderate complexity that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of project objectives and deliverables by key sponsors and stakeholders. The successful candidate also ensures that a comprehensive project plan is developed and maintained to track deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget, utilizes traditional as well as Agile based project management methodologies and tools throughout project lifecycle. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
· Plan, organize, lead, and deliver IT component of business projects within time, budget, and resource constraints.
· Define scope, goals, and deliverables to support the Stakeholders and Sponsors requirements.
· Create, maintains, and publish WBS for each project.
· Assign work according to the plan and schedule. Reviews quality of work and manages integration of team members work.
· Provide regular status updates to relevant business and IT stakeholders
· Contribute, manage, and mitigate Risk and Issues Log for each project/initiative. Lead and communicate high severity items in a timely manner to resolution.
· Ensure that deliverables, artifacts, and repositories meet governance standards and are audit-ready.
· Provide input for SPEDI management of the roadmap, including prioritization, estimation, resource capacity demand planning, risks, and dependencies.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with business partners throughout the enterprise.
· Maintain continuous communication and transparency.
· Assist in mentoring and knowledge sharing of fellow team members, as needed.
· Work directly with Architects and Business Analysts to manage the technical aspects of a development project
· Lead cross-functional project teams made up of internal and vendor IT resources
· Leverage formal change management processes to manage changes to scope, cost, schedule and to ensure alignment in expectations
· Track and drive resolution on open questions, issues and risks as well as develop risk mitigation plans.
Clearance Requirements – US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security
- ·Bachelor s degree in computer-related field, or equivalent work experience.·5 to 8+ years of experience in IT Project Management in both Waterfall and Agile environments.·Experience managing infrastructure, application development and mobile technology projects. ·PMP Certification required.·Experience with SaaS and PaaS.·Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, MS Project. ·Must be able to create and manage a WBS. Experience with scoping projects. ·Ability to lead a cross-functional team to successfully create, design, and implement a project.·Ability to clearly and concisely provide project status updates to senior management.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.